Your cart is currently empty!
So you left home with a feeling of freedom as you boarded a 30+ hour flight to the other side of the planet. You’ve squizzed a wardrobe into a backpack got your passport sorted and now you’re on the road?
Here’s a test if you answer yes to 10 or more of the questions below, congrats you’re officially a backpacker!
- You have no permanent address and your mail is redirected to your parent’s house.
- You’ve learned profanity in 5 different languages?
- You’ve played goon-a-fortune, beer pong & shithead drinking games? (Double points if you learned these in Australia).
- You value freebies more than you ever have before, hostel free breakfast, I’m there?
- You use the sniff test to determine whether you do laundry or not?
- After a couple of months, you downsized your pack to just the essentials so you can travel faster?
- You’ve learned how to light pack like a pro?
- You love to get off the beaten track and travel to places unknown in search of unexpected adventure?
- You’ll do everything you can to save cash on travel, but have a booze stash?
- Having a hot shower is considered a luxury.
- You’ve got flip-flop tan marks on your feet?
- You can say beer in 10 languages?
- You feel closer to your travel mates then the ones you left at home?
- You stood up on a surfboard and felt the exhilaration of gliding along a wave?
Did you answer yes to more than 10 of the 14 signs you’re a backpacker? If you did well congratulations mate, consider yourself a free-spirited, thrifty AF, adventurous backpacker.
Your next rad-venture awaits onboard a Mojosurf tour – only legit adventure-seeking travellers required.