WHO ARE MOJOSURF?
Mojosurf are an Australian based surf adventure operator providing epic experiences across Australia, Indonesia and beyond since 1998. Calling Byron Bay their home, they have carved out a legendary local and international reputation as the best surf tourism operator in the business, providing fun, safe and epic experiences for everyone.
Their product range covers everything from a half day taster lesson to their world-famous 3 month all immersive Academy courses and includes many additional outdoor activities from yoga to Kayaking!
They are renowned for providing epic, life changing experiences in awesome locations with legendary people. Many have tried to emulate them, but no one has managed to recreate this offering and deliver it with their famed infectious enthusiasm.
Mojosurf are accredited by ASI which ensures our surf coaches are qualified to the highest professional standards. All locations require our surf coaches to have the following certifications:
- SURF COACHING LEVEL ONE
- APOLA OCEAN SURF SAFETY COACHES AWARD OR BRONZE MEDALLION
- SENIOR FIRST AID QUALIFICATION
- ADVANCED RESUSCITATION QUALIFICATION
- WORK WITH CHILDREN CHECK
- COMPLETED MOJO ASSESSMENT AND TRAINING PROCESS
Safety is main priority for any commercial operator and of paramount importance to Mojosurf. We have developed the following documents to fulfill our work cover WH&S requirements in consultation with the Work Cover WH&S Regulations:
- SAFETY INDUCTION THEORY CHECKLIST
- SAFETY INDUCTION PRACTICAL CHECKLIST
- CLIENT SAFETY TRAINING FORM
- HAZARD REVIEW AND MONITOR FORM
- INCIDENT REPORT FORM
- EMERGENCY ACTION LIST
- CUSTOMER RISK WARNING
- EQUIPMENT INSPECTION LIST
- NDERSTANDING OF DUTY OF CARE RESPONSIBILITIES
All Mojosurf instructors are inducted into our comprehensive safety program ensuring that we have planned for the prevention of workplace accidents, illness and injury. We have ensured that all reasonable and practicable measures have been taken to control risks against all possible injuries arising in the workplace.
We understand that duty of care applies to all people in the workplace, including customers and contractors.
We understand and expect that the employee and employer work together to create a safe environment. Both employee and employer will communicate WH&S issues and we have formal reporting procedures in place to ensure this communication is successful.
INSURANCES AND LICENSING
– Public Liability – Insurer – Parks Insurance PTY Limited up to $20,000,000
– Tourism Liability – Insurer – QEB Insurance Broad form Liability $20,000,000
– Long Distance Tourist and Charter Accredited from NSW Government of Transport
– ASI Accreditation of all locations
LICENSED COMMERCIAL SURF SCHOOL OPERATOR
– Ocean Beach – Gosford Council
– Crescent Head – Kempsey Council
– Spot X – Coffs Coast Council
– Lennox Head – Ballina Shire Council
NATIONAL PARKS ECO PASS
– Crescent Head
– Anna Bay